Increased capabilities for mesh geometry, streamlining reverse engineering and topology optimization.
• Easily create complex textures by converting 2D appearances into real 3D geometry
• Use mesh files like they are solids using the new Segment Mesh
• Automatically create 2D sketches at intersections of geometry and a plane with the slicing command
Enhanced user control and automation for each operation and machining strategy.
• Corner Slow Down and Arc Feedrate allow slowdown when approaching sharp corners and arcs
• Create machine-specific machining strategies
• Tooling improved with support for tapered shanks and more parameters
Increased productivity when creating quality control documentation.
• Improved Bill of Characteristics with new grid layout and group/ungroup
• Additional extraction options to include hole tables for use on complex parts
• Integration with SOLIDWORKS® PDM to manage and organize inspection projects and deliverables
Improved workflow integration with SOLIDWORKS, productivity improvements and enhanced user experience.
• SOLIDWORKS PDM integration enables access to PDM functionality directly from the ribbon within SOLIDWORKS Composer
• Import Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) data directly from SOLIDWORKS models into SOLIDWORKS Composer
• New icons, new commands and support for five new languages
Set up your projects and instantly render them 10x faster with real-world physics and advanced measured materials.
• AI (Artificial Intelligence) Denoiser—Uses AI to decipher and eliminate noise from your renders
• Integrated Physics Engine & Vehicle Driving Simulator for faster scene setup and real-time design review
• Enhanced Decal features and support for Video Decals
Unlock the value of your design data and leverage it with your teams and your customers.
• Click to add SOLIDWORKS designs to a SOLIDWORKS Sell cloud-based configurator
• Use on any device to share concepts and configurations of designs quickly
• Use Augmented Reality (AR) to show products in their actual environment
Streamline interactions with manufacturers such as quoting and ordering parts.
• On-demand manufacturing across all manufacturing processes
• Place orders, track communications and collaborate with leading manufacturers worldwide
• Seamless integration between SOLIDWORKS and your favorite manufacturers
Speed up downstream manufacturing with more intuitive and actionable 3D annotations.
• DimXpert renamed to MBD Dimension and now available in Assembly mode
• Create bend tables, bend notes and flat views automatically for sheet metal parts
• 3D annotations passed to derived and mirrored parts
• Enhanced security controls for 3D PDF outputs
Set up and perform complex simulation studies easier and with greater accuracy.
• Topology Optimization with Stress and Frequency constraints/goals for optimum parts
• Enhanced non-linear pin connector for accurate pin and clevis analysis
• Easy data reuse with drag-and-drop connectors/contacts into Non-Linear Dynamic studies
Improved capabilities for designing mechatronics products with SOLIDWORKS.
• Drive mechanically-oriented PCB placement barriers for SOLIDWORKS PCB
• Auto-generate flattened route drawings and related tables in SOLIDWORKS Electrical
• Use splices from SOLIDWORKS Electrical schematics utilizing passing circuit symbols in 3D