1. MESH MODELING IMPROVEMENTS SPEED REVERSE ENGINEERING, TOPOLOGY OPTIMIZATION AND 3D PRINTING
• Easily create complex textures by converting 2D appearances into real 3D geometry
• Use mesh files like they are solids using the new Segment Mesh
• Automatically create 2D sketches at intersections of geometry and a plane with the slicing command
Benefits - Increased capabilities for mesh geometry, streamlining reverse engineering and topology optimization.
2. SMARTER MACHINING WITH SOLIDWORKS CAM/MACHINIST
• Corner Slow Down and Arc Feedrate allow slowdown when approaching sharp corners and arcs
• Create machine-specific machining strategies
• Tooling improved with support for tapered shanks and more parameters
Benefits - Enhanced user control and automation for each operation and machining strategy.
3. INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY AND FLEXIBILITY WITH SOLIDWORKS INSPECTION
• Improved Bill of Characteristics with new grid layout and group/ungroup
• Additional extraction options to include hole tables for use on complex parts
• Integration with SOLIDWORKS® PDM to manage and organize inspection projects and deliverables
Benefits - Increased productivity when creating quality control documentation.
4. IMPROVED WORKFLOWS WITH SOLIDWORKS COMPOSER FOR TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
• SOLIDWORKS PDM integration enables access to PDM functionality directly from the ribbon within SOLIDWORKS Composer
• Import Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) data directly from SOLIDWORKS models into SOLIDWORKS Composer
• New icons, new commands and support for five new languages
Benefits - Improved workflow integration with SOLIDWORKS, productivity improvements and enhanced user experience.
5. VISUALIZATION AND RENDERING—MAKING THE DIGITAL WORLD MORE REAL… FASTER
• AI (Artificial Intelligence) Denoiser—Uses AI to decipher and eliminate noise from your renders
• Integrated Physics Engine & Vehicle Driving Simulator for faster scene setup and real-time design review
• Enhanced Decal features and support for Video Decals
Benefits - Set up your projects and instantly render them 10x faster with real-world physics and advanced measured materials.
6. CONFIGURE AND RENDER PRODUCTS ON THE FLY AND ONLINE WITH SOLIDWORKS SELL
• Click to add SOLIDWORKS designs to a SOLIDWORKS Sell cloud-based configurator
• Use on any device to share concepts and configurations of designs quickly
• Use Augmented Reality (AR) to show products in their actual environment
Benefits - Unlock the value of your design data and leverage it with your teams and your customers.
7. FROM CAD MODEL TO REAL PARTS IN RECORD TIME WITH 3DEXPERIENCE MARKETPLACE|MAKE
• On-demand manufacturing across all manufacturing processes
• Place orders, track communications and collaborate with leading manufacturers worldwide
• Seamless integration between SOLIDWORKS and your favorite manufacturers
Benefits - Streamline interactions with manufacturers such as quoting and ordering parts.
8. ENHANCED MBD (MODEL BASED DEFINITION) CAPABILITIES FOR FASTER 3D ANNOTATION OF MODELS
• DimXpert renamed to MBD Dimension and now available in Assembly mode
• Create bend tables, bend notes and flat views automatically for sheet metal parts
• 3D annotations passed to derived and mirrored parts
• Enhanced security controls for 3D PDF outputs
Benefits - Speed up downstream manufacturing with more intuitive and actionable 3D annotations.
9. MORE POWERFUL SIMULATION CAPABILITIES
• Topology Optimization with Stress and Frequency constraints/goals for optimum parts
• Enhanced non-linear pin connector for accurate pin and clevis analysis
• Easy data reuse with drag-and-drop connectors/contacts into Non-Linear Dynamic studies
Benefits - Set up and perform complex simulation studies easier and with greater accuracy.
10. SOLIDWORKS ELECTRICAL AND PCB IMPROVED FOR FASTER MECHATRONIC DESIGN
• Drive mechanically-oriented PCB placement barriers for SOLIDWORKS PCB
• Auto-generate flattened route drawings and related tables in SOLIDWORKS Electrical
• Use splices from SOLIDWORKS Electrical schematics utilizing passing circuit symbols in 3D
Benefits - Improved capabilities for designing mechatronics products with SOLIDWORKS.