Making SOLIDWORKS® easier and more intuitive to use.
• Freehand sketching with pen or touch on compatible devices.
• Touch and stylus support for many design tasks.
• Enhanced mouse gestures and user interface customization.
Fast, easy design optimization.
• Automatically optimizes the shape of a design.
• Considers weight, function, and manufacturing criteria.
Seamlessly integrate design and manufacturing.
• Rules-based machining results in easy-to-learn, yet fast and powerful CAM.
• Powered by CAMWorks™: production-proven, integrated CAM for SOLIDWORKS.
Create inspection documentation directly from 3D models with Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI).
• Includes support for SOLIDWORKS MBD and non-native 3D
• Automatically interprets SOLIDWORKS MBD models for inspection documentation.
• SOLIDWORKS Inspection now integrated with SOLIDWORKS PDM.
Innovative new features improve sheet metal manufacturing processes.
• Has a tab and slot feature for self-fixturing of parts for welding.
• Normal cut feature ensures clearance included for manufacturing.
• Corners that include three bends can be easily created and flattened.
Data management, project management and process management all in one system,
• SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional plus powerful project, process, and item management.
• Dashboards and reports to manage project stages, timelines, and milestones.
• Create, edit and compare Bills of Materials (BOMs).
The power of desktop with the convenience of the cloud.
• SOLIDWORKS Online Licensing allows easier use of your license on multiple machines.
• SOLIDWORKS Login automatically moves customized content and settings to any machine on which SOLIDWORKS is installed.
• SOLIDWORKS Admin Portal allows easier management of SOLIDWORKS products and services.
Work directly with mesh data with no need to convert to surfaces.
• Perform operations directly on mesh such as Cut, Cut with Surface, Interference Check, Combine, Intersect, Split, Move/Copy, and others.
• Convert solid or surface geometry to mesh.
• Quickly fit surface bodies to regions of mesh models for reverse engineering.
Work faster without having to prepare the assembly or use special techniques.
• “Alt” key hides faces while mating.
• Ghost mode to turn all parts transparent.
• Allow mating of parts with misaligned holes.
Speed design detailing and communication.
• Import and export STEP 242 including PMI.
• Import 3D models along with PMI from all major CAD formats.
• Display all SOLIDWORKS MBD created 3D Views in eDrawings®.
Get your copy of the top ten new features and enhancements in SOLIDWORKS 2018.