Rapid prototyping is one of the most common applications of 3D printing and used across multiple industries. Turn your ideas into functional, high-quality prototypes faster and more efficiently than with traditional methods, and get a jumpstart on your competitors.
3D PRINTING AND RAPID PROTOTYPING
An investment in 3D printing for rapid prototyping is not just about bringing your work in-house. It’s about empowering every member of the development team to extend their abilities, increase their production speed, and work smarter than ever before. With 3D printing:
- Managers can deliver greater value with an easy and practical way to produce prototypes;
- Designers can leverage innovative materials for flexible, iterative design; and
- Engineers can easily test in the “real world,” increase production speed and improve time to market.
Benefits of Rapid Prototyping
Create beautiful and functional prototypes faster and more efficiently than ever before.
- Design iteratively: Don’t wait weeks for a third-party prototype! Move quickly through iterations to find what works, what doesn’t, and how you can improve. 3D printing gives you the flexibility and time you need to test every issue and avoid future field failures.
- Create functional prototypes: Take advantage of 3D printing technology for materials that look and behave like the real thing. Work with metals, engineer-grade thermoplastics, or over 100 other material options (with a variety of material properties and colors) for your most realistic prototype yet.
- Work faster than ever before: Shave days or even weeks off prototype production to troubleshoot, refine, and get to market quickly — without sacrificing safety.
- Cut costs, not quality: Use cheaper but more efficient 3D printing materials for quality prototypes that are ready for action. Print multi-color, multi-material prototypes for a cost savings into the thousands when compared to traditional methods.
- Find your competitive edge: Adapt quickly in high-pressure markets with efficient 3D printing technologies that can take you through every stage of the design cycle.
RAPID PROTOTYPING TECHNOLOGY
|Delivering unrivaled realism, the Stratasys J750 is a multi-color, multi-material 3D printer ideal for prototyping. It offers full-color capability with texture mapping and color gradients, including the vivid colors line for over 500,000 color combinations. The Stratasys J750 is capable of producing parts that look and act like finished products, with no need for painting or assembly. Major brands like Unilever have used the Stratasys J750 to produce prototype parts for about five times less cost per model, while also reducing development time from weeks to hours.||The F123 printer series combines powerful FDM technology with Stratasys GrabCAD Print for versatile and intelligent 3D printing. Designed for the office environment and easy to use, the F123 series’ efficiency and reliability gives it a significant advantage over low-cost consumer 3D printers, which can have less consistent part quality and more downtime. This printer line is designed to address every stage of the rapid prototyping process and includes Fast Draft print mode for operation speeds twice as fast as standard FDM print operations.|
|PolyJet 3D printing materials: Ideal for situations requiring product realism and a variety of material properties, PolyJet offers a wide range of colors, translucencies, and rigidness. Product developers can find special materials for applications including consumer goods, medical and dental, and engineering plastic simulation.||FDM thermoplastics: Well-suited for commercial and consumer products, Stratasys FDM materials are functional and durable. General use products like ABS are well-suited for tooling, prototypes, and models, while biocompatible, high strength and sterilizable specialty materials have exciting applications in markets like medical, dental and aerospace.|
To learn more about 3D printers and materials for rapid prototyping, contact our experts today or see our rapid prototyping resources below.