UPDATE ***SPOTS ARE FILLED***
Future of Manufacturing 3D Printing Summer Camp for Teens
Make the Difference - Become an Engineer
Do you have the passion to change the world and love to "geek out" with technology? That’s what engineering is all about.
- Engineers are at the center of change and innovation and are continuously improving our lives with cutting-edge technology. From increasing a persons life expectancy and improving the way we communicate to how we drive vehicles or planes - engineers are continually developing ways to improve every aspect of our lives.
- 3D printing technology is making waves across every industry. Though the technology is still relatively new, it’s application has become so versatile and so in-demand that there’s a growing need for people who can understand, operate, and provide innovation through 3D printers and 3D modeling concepts.
- The Engineering field continues to diversify and expand. Engineering careers can be found in almost any industry including financial, medical, aerospace, automotive, industrial equipment, consumer goods, even the gaming and amusement park industries.
To help build the next generation of engineers Fisher Unitech is offering our first ever 3D engineering summer camp for students entering 9th-12th grades. During these one-day camps, students will learn a basic introduction to SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD and 3D printing. Teens will discover how to start using cutting-edge technologies that will advance the way products are designed and manufactured today and in the future.
Camp dates: July 15th, 16th, or 17th
What you will experience:
- Hear from a local teen entrepreneur and advocate for the STEAM community
- Get started with learning about SOLIDWORKS with a hands-on session
- Learn about 3D printing and how it is revolutionizing manufacturing
What you will take home:
- Student edition SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software
- A robot that you can use for your continued education
- 8:30 - 9:00 AM
- Registration, breakfast, and welcome
- 9:00 - 9:30 AM
- How Fisher Unitech is changing the way products are designed and manufactured
- 9:30 - 10:00 AM
- Getting started now with your 3D engineering career
- In this session you will hear from your peers on how they are working in the engineering field today and their future studies.
- 10:15 - 12:00 PM
- Introduction to SOLIDWORKS - Hands-on Learning with SOLIDWORKS
- 12:00 - 12:30 PM
- 12:30 - 2:00 PM
- Continue of Solidworks Hands on Session
- What is additive manufacturing and what are the use cases?
- 3D Printing from Solidworks, Hands-on with Grab-CAD
- Tour of facility
- 4:45 - 5:00 PM
- Q&A and wrap up for the day
Meet the teachers
Rodney Harper | Technical Training Manager
Rodney Harper began using SOLIDWORKS in 2004. He joined Fisher Unitech in June of 2008 as an Application Engineer Instructor to teach online training classes full time. He’s a CAD fanatic and loves to show how SOLIDWORKS training can help students do amazing projects.
Nick Licari | Director of Technical Support|
Nick Licari has been with Fisher Unitech since 2006. Since that time, he has installed over 300 professional-grade machines into facilities across the Midwest. Consulting with companies to find new applications for additive manufacturing to help them achieve their production goals drives his day-to-day activities.