- Create a Design study.
- Click Insert > Design Study > Parameters or click the Design study tab and under Variables, select Add Parameter.
- In the Parameters dialog box, under Name, type a name for the parameter.
- Under Category, select Material.
- Under References, select the bodies for which the material is set as a variable in a design study. Rows highlighted in green contain bodies assigned to the material parameter.
- Click Apply and OK. An asterisk appears under Linked to show that the selected bodies are linked to the material parameter.
- Switch to the Table View tab to define the design scenarios.
- For each scenario, click the Select Material cell on the material parameter row.
- Select a material from the SolidWorks or custom materials library and click Apply. The selected material is applied to the bodies linked to the material parameter.