In a nutshell:
- When we have Plastics Integration turned on, Plastics will load up the Plastics model/simulation that matches the configuration name.
- If there's no match, the Plastics tree is blank.
You can use the Plastics "Model Manager" to copy and move around the Plastics simulations.
Steps (video example also included):
- Go to Plastics Help and make sure Configuration integration is checked.
- From within the Plastics model/config that you want to copy (eg. "Old Config"), create a new CAD configuration (eg. "New Config").
- The Plastic Feature Manager will now be blank, since there is no Plastics model named "NewConfig" yet.
- In the Plastics Model Manager, browse to your working directory using the "…" option; this will always bring you back to this folder.
- Right-click on the "Old Config" Plastics model and choose Copy. Now paste this model into the same directory. It will rename to "OldConfig_01."
- Then right-click on the copy and rename it to "New Config."
- When we re-open the "New Config," it will load up the Plastics simulation of the same name.
- Now you can make changes to "New Config" and re-run and still have "Old Config" to compare results.